WU Developing Organizational Policies and Practices Research Paper
You had the opportunity to complete and submit the week 2 assignment for grading. The details for assignment 2 are below copied directly from the assignment section in the course folder.
Week 2 Assignment
The Assignment (3-4 Pages):
Analysis of a Pertinent Healthcare Issue
Develop a 3- to 4-page paper, written to your organization’s leadership team, addressing your selected national healthcare issue/stressor and how it is impacting your work setting. Be sure to address the following:
- Describe the national healthcare issue/stressor you selected and its impact on your organization. Use organizational data to quantify the impact (if necessary, seek assistance from leadership or appropriate stakeholders in your organization).
- Provide a brief summary of the two articles you reviewed from outside resources on the national healthcare issue/stressor. Explain how the healthcare issue/stressor is being addressed in other organizations.
- Summarize the strategies used to address the organizational impact of national healthcare issues/stressors presented in the scholarly resources you selected. Explain how they may impact your organization both positively and negatively. Be specific and provide examples.
In Module 2, week 3, you are to complete and submit the week 3 assignment by 9/20/2020. The details for assignment 3 are below copied directly from the assignment section in the course folder.
Week 3 Assignment
The Assignment (4-5 pages):
Developing Organizational Policies and Practices
(Continuation of the week 2 Assignment)
Add a section to the paper you submitted in Module 1-week 2. The new section for the assignment in week 3 should address the following:
- Identify and describe at least two competing needs impacting your selected healthcare issue/stressor.
- Describe a relevant policy or practice in your organization that may influence your selected healthcare issue/stressor.
- Critique the policy for ethical considerations, and explain the policy’s strengths and challenges in promoting ethics.
- Recommend one or more policy or practice changes designed to balance the competing needs of resources, workers, and patients, while addressing any ethical shortcomings of the existing policies. Be specific and provide examples.
- Cite evidence that informs the healthcare issue/stressor and/or the policies, and provide two scholarly resources in support of your policy or practice recommendations.