Strayer University Wk 9 Developing Diverse Teams Research Paper
Assignment 3: Developing Your Team
Due Week 9 and worth 200 points
Imagine you’ve been promoted to a management position and you are
tasked with developing your new team. In this assignment you will create
a writeup that depicts the different elements that need to be addressed
as you assemble your team.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Explain how you could create a diverse team of employees with different strengths. Use scenarios to convey your idea.
- Discuss methods you would adopt to improve team dynamics and employee behaviors.
- Describe two (2) management techniques you would implement to ensure that your new team aligns to your company’s mission.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS).
The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please
take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the principal theories of leadership and motivation, and
describe the fundamental considerations in managing and motivating
individual and group behavior.
- Analyze the role of the HRM function, and its importance to the management of employee and labor relations.
- Explain the decision-making process management uses to develop viable courses of action to a variety of management situations.
- Explain the multiple aspects of the managerial planning process and
the application of various business- and corporate-level strategies.
- Describe control systems that can improve a firm’s operations and facilitate change.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in management concepts.
- Write clearly and concisely about management concepts using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.
Click here to download the template for this assignment.