Rasmussen College The Role of Employment Law in Business Relationships Discussion
Evaluate employment law at the state and federal levels.
Your work as a contract employee for a U.S. based company that develops gaming software. Having been there for years, and going into the office five days a week for usually more than forty hours a week, you were inspired by the various projects you have worked on and in your spare time, using company equipment, you work on your own side project – an app that would give gamers an edge. You know that your company’s business partners would be very enthusiastic about this new product, and you would probably make a great profit; in fact, you might be able to retire! You decide to reach out to these business relationships to see who might have interest.
- Review the situation and conduct scholarly research on employment law. Upon review of the given business situation, create an infographic that evaluates employment law utilizing both federal and state regulations (students should use their own state of residence regulations for the project).
- Address the following:
- Distinguish between full-time, part-time, at-will, and contract employment statuses, and state which status reflects your employment position in this company.
- What federal, state and international laws explain the rights, responsibilities and protections of employees and employers in the employment relationship?
- What are the property rights of employees and employers for inventions as provided in federal intellectual property laws?
- Use at least three credible sources. These should be cited and in APA format.