Please report on one work of architecture from one of these selected architects: Antoni Gaudi, Le Corbusier, Eileen Gray, Carlo Scarpa, Alvar Aalto, Daniel Libeskind, Peter Zumthor, or Tadao Ando. Your report should be at least 400 words, and should include these numbered sections:
1. Image: Post an image or link to your chosen work, with the MLA citation and URL to the source.
2. Material Data: Name the artist/designer (if known), date(s), current location or museum, materials used and size. Note its use(s) and any special production techniques utilized.
3. Formal Analysis: Describe your chosen work using at least four (4) of these categories: Line, Shape and Form, Space, Texture, Value and Light, Color, and Implied Movement (Time), Repetition, Variety, Rhythm, Balance, Compositional Unity, Emphasis, Economy, and/or Proportion.
4. [NEW] Environmental Analysis: This section will require research beyond your readings. Report on how this building relates to the “natural place” of its site. Consider its relation to the topography, weather, seasons, and site conditions with respect to its chosen materials, landscaping, circulation, doors/windows, and transitional spaces, structure, orientation to light, etc. Make sure to look at images of the same work from different angles, and from the inside. As well, you encouraged to look at the original plans, sketches and drawings by the architect. YouTube videos often exist of people walking through famous buildings.
On this method see:
Alasdair Cochrane, “Environmental Ethics”, IEP:
http://www.iep.utm.edu/envi-eth/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Gregory Caicco, ed., Architecture, Ethics, and the Personhood of Place, UPNE, 2007. https://www.upne.com/1584656530.html (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
5. Personal Reflections: Why did you choose this work? What are its least and most attractive aspects to you?
6. MLA citations to your research sources.
Initial posting: up to 16 possible points.
Substantial reply to at least two other students: up to 10 possible points
Spelling, grammar, formatting and citations: up to 4 possible points.
TOTAL : 30 possible points
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.