MGT 510 SEU Critical Thinking Strategy Planning Saudi Aramco Case Study
Critical Thinking: Industry Analysis (105 points)To prepare for this assignment, review Figures 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.5, and 3.6 from your textbook. Select a Saudi Arabian company, identify the industry in which it competes, and identify its three main competitors. Complete an Industry Analysis by answering the following questions.
- Analyze and predict industry profitability:
- Apply a detailed Porter’s Five Forces framework with a graphic representation (Figure 3.3) and written explanation for your selected company in relation to the Five Forces.
- Given the Five Forces analysis outcomes, predict the level of industry profitability expressed as high, intermediate, or low.
- Implications for strategy:
- What strategies can the rival companies adopt to reduce competitive pressure and improve industry profitability?
- Which strategies do you recommend for your company to improve its competitiveness, position, and earnings?
- Identifying Key Success Factors (KSFs)—What are the KSFs of your company?
- See Figure 3.6. Who are the customers and what do they want?
- See Figure 3.6. How does the company survive the competition?
- Has your company’s KSFs changed over time?
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 6 pages in length, which does not include the required title and reference pages, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles unless the assignment calls for more.
- It is strongly encouraged that you submit all assignments into the Turnitin Originality Check before submitting it to your instructor for grading. If you are unsure how to submit an assignment into the Originality Check tool, review the Turnitin Originality Check—Student Guide for step-by-step instructions.