Liberty University Online Sports Issues and Trends & Continuing Education HW
Word Document Attached with Instructions
Respond to 2 student post/ and Quiz 3
Based upon the assigned readings and presentations, you will answer all questions using current APA formatting (Times New Roman, 12- point font, and double spaced). All answers must be compiled in a Word document. Citations from the assigned reading are required in answering the questions. The written assignments must include at least one reference(s) in addition to the course textbooks and the Bible. Each answer must be comprehensive, with sport related current examples. Each question must be answered with 400–500 words. Select 4 of the following questions to answer. Critical thinking must be demonstrated in each answered question.
- Should sport impose a minimum eligibility requirement based on age (e.g., in women’s tennis, 14 yr. old’s can compete against 30 yr. old’s.)?
- What strategies would you suggest keeping kids involved in sport or otherwise physically active throughout their teenage years and early adulthood?
- What four or five changes would you make to youth sport programs as they exist today. Explain reasons for each change as an interactionist theorist would be likely to do?
- List 4 current coaching scandals and explain how each of these scandals hurt the young people involved, the university and cast a doubt on the integrity of coaches?
- Taking the position of a feminist theorist, research possible reasons for the low percentage of female coaches and suggest strategies for improving the situation. In other words, what is the cause and what are some possible solutions?
- List the standards, certifications and continuing education for prospective coaches?