Imagine you are selected for an internship with the chief information officer (CIO) of a prestigious health care organization. In your first meeting with the CIO, she asks for your help preparing a presentation she is giving to the board.
The organization is considering expanding into an integrated health care delivery system and wants the CIO to present on the differences in IT organizational and functional needs for a teaching hospital, a radiology outpatient clinic, and a home health care agency that will become part of the integrated delivery system. Write at least a 1,050-word paper using Microsoft® Word that discusses the differences in IT organizational and functional needs for the integrated delivery system. Consider the following questions as you write the paper:
- Discuss whether each type of organization will need a dedicated IT operations department. Consider the following departments:
- Desktop services department
- Network operations department
- Application programming department
- Interface development department
- Help Desk
- Discuss the possibility of combining some of the departments to serve all of the entities.
- Identify which of the functions are best onsite at each facility.
- Identify which IT organizational and functional needs are most efficiently delivered on a consolidated basis.
- Describe the risks and benefits associated with each alternative consolidated IT organizational and functional need.
Cite at least 3 reputable references. One reference must be your textbook, Managing Risk in Information Systems. Reputable references include trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, or other sources of similar quality.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.