Pick one of these questions
1. How does greed reshape good intentions?
2. What is the relationship between civilization and savagery?
3. What role to do the women play in colonization?
4. Which (archetypal) characters survive in the heart of darkness? How or why? (best characters to use: Marlow, Harlequin, The Manager, Kurtz, and The Chief Accountant (and if you’re feeling fancy: the jungle)
Than create a outline like the one below. MUST USE 6 QUOTES FROM HEART OF DARKNESS AND 3 FROM THE SECONDARY SOURCES THAT WILL BE GIVING
1. COMPLETE INTRODUCTION (6-8 sentences) – make sure your thesis is in bold print
2. TOPIC SENTENCE and QUOTE (no more than 3-4 lines, absolutely NO block quotes in this essay) for 9 body paragraphs
3. A CONCLUDING SENTENCE
Immigrants have been moving to the United States of America from foreign countries for centuries. Though assimilating is very important, some may argue that the process of assimilation strips away an immigrant’s personal identity. In “How to Tame a Wild Tongue”, Gloria Anzaldúa argues that the preservation of her Mexican culture, especially her language, is essential in holding on to her identity as a Chicana. On the contrary, in “Mother Tongue”, Amy Tan uses her childhood experiences with her Chinese mother to exemplify how their struggles with cultural and language barriers helped her accept who she is as a Chinese-American woman. How an immigrant reacts to the adversities faced while assimilating into American culture will determine how well she is accepted into American society, whether it be by refusing American culture in order to cling to her origin, or allowing a new culture to help her grow as a multi-cultural person.
Body Paragraph 1:
Body Paragraph 2:
Body Paragraph 3:
Body Paragraph 4:
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.