CRJ 220 Strayer University Public Servant Codes of Ethics Discussion
For this assignment, you are asked to Review Chapters 1–5 in the textbook and Law Enforcement Code of Ethics to reply to the following items:
- In at least 80 words or more, define public servant and why public servants should be sensitive to ethical issues.
- In at least 80 words or more, define discretion and give two examples of a police officer using discretion.
- In at least 100 words or more, select three codes of ethics from Law Enforcement Code of Ethics that you find most important.
- In at least 100 words or more, explain why you selected each one and describe a situation in which a police officer might encounter each one.
- In at least 40 words or more, describe the three types of policing typologies, include the definition and an example for each type.
Format: you will not cite sources in this assignment, so you will not use any particular citation style. Your text should be single-spaced and in 12-point font. Please use the CRJ220 Assignment Template [DOCX] provided when completing this assignment.
The specific course learning outcome(s) associated with this assignment are:
- Summarize key concepts and principles related to ethics and the role of police in society.