Chamberlain College Week 2 Certification Patient Outcomes and Leadership HW
The purpose of this direct care project is for learners to apply the nursing process to assess if the nursing care provided by professionally certified nurses will result in improved patient outcomes. This is Part 1 of 4 in the Direct Care Project.
Direct Care Project Overview
- There are four parts to the Direct Care Project.
- There will be graded Project Check-ins that correlate to each part.
- Review the table below for overview and due dates with each topic.
- Carefully review the instructions, tutorials, templates, and rubrics for each of the four parts as you begin this Course Project.
- Contact your instructor with questions.
Directions for Part 1
- Review the Direct Care Project Overview above.
- View the Direct Care Project Part 1 Tutorial (Click here to view) (Links to an external site.).
- Download the Direct Care Part 1: Assessment and Diagnosis template under Templates below.
- Please address the following areas on the provided template:
- State the clinical certification and target population including setting that were approved by your instructor in the Week 2: Direct Care Part 1: Assessment and Diagnosis Check-In.
- Thorough discussion of why this certification was selected in relationship to the selected setting
- Describe the criteria for selected clinical certification
- Provide APA reference for one peer-reviewed scholarly professional nursing journal article connecting patient outcomes, certification, and leadership skills.
- Summarize findings of article
- Discuss how patient outcomes in the selected setting could be improved by certified nurses.
- Discuss how certification can impact leadership skills in the selected setting.
- Identify a problem (diagnosis) based on your assessment
- Important: The problem you identify will be utilized in Parts 2, 3, and 4 of the Direct Care Project.
- Write the problem diagnosis (See template)
- Submit template through the Submit Assignment button on this page.
i.Process to obtain clinical certification
ii.Cost of application and testing
iii.Requirements prior to certification
v.Renewal time and process
vi.Required items for renewal
i.From Chamberlain Library Finding Permalinks
ii.Full Text only
iii.No more than 5 years old
vi.Include the permalink
vii.Reference must be use APA format including author(s), year, article title, journal name, volume number, issue number, page numbers, italics, parentheses, punctuation, double line spacing, and hanging indent. Include DOI if available.
i.Summarize the key points of the selected peer-reviewed scholarly professional nursing journal article in one or two paragraphs.
ii.Be clear and concise.
Direct Care Part 1: Assessment and Diagnosis Template (Download here)